4 PARA Photo Requests

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
All,

To try and give some more clarity, and for interest - are there any particular parts of training that you'd like to see more of? Obviously subject to security but please put your requests on what you'd like to see more of and we'll see if we can accommodate.

Aldo

Reaction score
What a great idea and this place is getting better and better. For me personally I’d like to see some of the exercise/field elements of training. Just to get a better idea of the terrain and to see what an exercise in training might look like?

Atom

Reaction score
Great idea. Would it be possible to see any images from the P coy beat up weekends, again just to get a feel for the ground etc

And any up to date P Coy pictures like the trainasium etc?

Zozo

Reaction score
Any kit/weapons would be good to see and any Parachuting training would be very cool

RunnerChick

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid suggestion but is there any way we can see what a “drill night” actually looks like? In my minds eye it is like a school assembly hall!

Aceofspades

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid suggestion but is there any way we can see what a “drill night” actually looks like? In my minds eye it is like a school assembly hall!
We haven't had a proper drill night due to COVID, but its normally 1 hour of fitness and then 1 hour of lessons, and yes it is abit like a school assembly hall, there is the hall where we parade.

RunnerChick

Reaction score
We haven't had a proper drill night due to COVID, but its normally 1 hour of fitness and then 1 hour of lessons, and yes it is abit like a school assembly hall, there is the hall where we parade.
Thanks @Aceofspades , how are you finding virtual lessons?
Yes I think this is a fantastic idea as a picture paints a 1000 words and it’s a good way to see what the training is all about. Would it be possible maybe to see range pictures that demonstrates the different weapons we would be trained on?

Atom

Reaction score
Maybe a weird one but what about a clear picture of the actual beret that we are all seeking. Could be weirdly motivating?

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Thanks @Aceofspades , how are you finding virtual lessons?
Yes I think this is a fantastic idea as a picture paints a 1000 words and it’s a good way to see what the training is all about. Would it be possible maybe to see range pictures that demonstrates the different weapons we would be trained on?
Virtual lessons have come to end I think, they were mainly lectures about the Army, fitness, health, injuries and such. Virtual learning for me was fine, however it would have been better in person because you would have been with the lads, got to ask the staff more questions and personally I enjoy spending time in that "training environment" rather than in my room with headphones in taking notes.

On a side note, im pretty sure ranges are later on in training, towards the end of Phase 1 and the only weapon system you will train with in Phase1 is the SA80A2.

Aldo

Reaction score
Virtual lessons have come to end I think, they were mainly lectures about the Army, fitness, health, injuries and such. Virtual learning for me was fine, however it would have been better in person because you would have been with the lads, got to ask the staff more questions and personally I enjoy spending time in that "training environment" rather than in my room with headphones in taking notes.

On a side note, im pretty sure ranges are later on in training, towards the end of Phase 1 and the only weapon system you will train with in Phase1 is the SA80A2.
I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of guys on the GPMG. Great idea for a thread and all I would add is some P Coy images would be good?

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
IMG-20210221-WA0034.jpg
"Brew time"

A chance to conduct some admin whilst waiting for a night package - time to go over SOP's and prepare your kit for the next phase.

Last edited: