4 Para questions

JKJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’ve decided that I want to join the Army Reserve and I am interested in finding out more about 4 PARA and the RMP reserve. I appreciate these are vastly different roles.
I am 33 years old, currently working full time in a physical role (construction industry) and also volunteer as a Police Special. I am also a qualified personal trainer.

My questions for 4 PARA. : What is the maximum age you can join and how feasible is it for a 33/34 year old to pass the course?

Is it possible to use my PT qualifications to apply for PTI within 4 PARA

Is it possible to train alongside regular Paratroopers?

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Hello mate. Good shout on going for 4Para, from what I’ve heard a cracking bunch who put the work in and strive for high standards across the board. Maximum age (for entry) is just before you turn 40 I believe (could be wrong).
Relatively feasible (depends on your availability) I’ve been told a lot of lads in 4Para are at the upper 20s and early to mid 30s, once you’re in you’re in for as long as you can put the work in I reckon.

33 in my opinion is not too old, you’ll be older than your oppos but what you lack in youth you’ll make up for in physical and mental robustness. I’m going 4Para myself, If you put the work in smash your fizz and have a no BS attitude in regards to your training then you should crack it, remember though, basic, CIC, PCOY are gunna be honking regardless of your age so it’s all down to how much you want it really mate, if you want it get after it don’t jack on it go 100% on everything and don’t stop until you reach your goal :)

To your PT question - not sure - may have to put work in once you reach battalion to get on the PTI cadre, maybe one of the lads can chip in and clear that up for ya 🤝👍

You won’t do PT with regs (if that’s what you mean) as they’re where they are, you are where you are, but we’ll go on exercises with them on occasion at company or battalion level and you may be mobilised alongside them in the future as an individual or company (I think / not squeaky on everything, still learning myself)

All the best on ya ventures mate good luck 💪

Last edited:

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
Hi everyone I’ve decided that I want to join the Army Reserve and I am interested in finding out more about 4 PARA and the RMP reserve. I appreciate these are vastly different roles.
I am 33 years old, currently working full time in a physical role (construction industry) and also volunteer as a Police Special. I am also a qualified personal trainer.

My questions for 4 PARA. : What is the maximum age you can join and how feasible is it for a 33/34 year old to pass the course?

Is it possible to use my PT qualifications to apply for PTI within 4 PARA

Is it possible to train alongside regular Paratroopers?

You need to start P Coy before your 40th birthday.

You will still need to complete the Army PTI qualification

The final part of training will be ran by PARA Coy at Catterick, manned by Regular instructors. Once you complete this and PPS, you will be able to go on exercises/deployments with the Regular Battalions.