Any help needed feel free to ask!!

MickyK108

Reaction score
Early on inspections they don’t expect it be perfect but they are expecting your best and for it to be identical to every locker in the section. You don’t have them every morning but you will have them most mornings but they tell you the night before so you have plenty of time to get it sorted as lo as you don’t mince.
You will have a photo on the wall in your section showing you what way you need your lockers and what way to make your bed but they will go through it with you once you receive your kit
I got quite lucky as my section corporal didn’t pull things out as long as the locker was nice and tidy and up to standard

MickyK108

Reaction score
Any insight to how tough it is to pass inspections and do you have them every morning?
There will be times stuff gets thrown about but it’s nothing bad it happens to everyone. No one passes inspections everytime as they will look for the smallest fault but they do get easier as they go on

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Early on inspections they don’t expect it be perfect but they are expecting your best and for it to be identical to every locker in the section. You don’t have them every morning but you will have them most mornings but they tell you the night before so you have plenty of time to get it sorted as lo as you don’t mince.
You will have a photo on the wall in your section showing you what way you need your lockers and what way to make your bed but they will go through it with you once you receive your kit
Thanks for your input Micky it’s been stellar so far. Can I ask about inspections for reservists?

MickyK108

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Micky it’s been stellar so far. Can I ask about inspections for reservists?
I’m currently In the application for the Royal Irish reserves and from what I was told you really don’t have to worry about inspections as you take most of your kit home. Reserves training consists of your Alpha course which is either done in a week or over a period of weekends, Bravo course which is 2 weeks and then your CIC (combat infantryman course) which is also 2 weeks long. They will be the only times I would expect you to have to have kit inspections in the morning same as regulars and also your Kit inspection before you go out on any exercises.

MickyK108

Reaction score
@MickyK108 Hi Micky. Do you have a kit list still for what you need to buy ahead of training also any extras you would recommend that are allowed
I would also advise you to bring bungees, dry bags/ snap seal bags, twisters for trousers, blister plasters, tent pegs, 6-8 combination locks, locker shelf’s (I’ll post a reference pic), Leder-glos boot polish, sniper tape(green) black sharpie, 2 sets of civvie clothes, first aid kit

MickyK108

Reaction score

Attachments

• C7521551-9CC3-437C-8C06-E03BA5EA9A81.jpeg
    C7521551-9CC3-437C-8C06-E03BA5EA9A81.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 6

MickyK108

Reaction score
@MickyK108 Hi Micky. Do you have a kit list still for what you need to buy ahead of training also any extras you would recommend that are allowed
Also make sure you bring a ironing board with you and 6 passport photos and if u can get a number 2 all over as it makes their life easier cause of covid

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
I’m currently In the application for the Royal Irish reserves and from what I was told you really don’t have to worry about inspections as you take most of your kit home. Reserves training consists of your Alpha course which is either done in a week or over a period of weekends, Bravo course which is 2 weeks and then your CIC (combat infantryman course) which is also 2 weeks long. They will be the only times I would expect you to have to have kit inspections in the morning same as regulars and also your Kit inspection before you go out on any exercises.
Can I ask when we get issued kit mate is it after AC post attestation or before?

MickyK108

Reaction score
Can I ask when we get issued kit mate is it after AC post attestation or before?
Like Danny said it’s when you get sworn in mukka, You will first go get measured after AC then you will receive your kit

DannyMac

Para Reg
Reaction score
I remember when I joined years ago getting kit was like a jumble sale. We all had to scramble around this huge pile of kit on the floor. Trying different sizes on to find your size. The sizes aren’t like your civvie sizes. Don’t think “small” “large” “XL”, they are all NATO serial numbers. Once you think you had your size you had to line up in stores whilst an angry CQMS threw kit at you. Most blokes end up with kit too small or too big and spend the rest of the time trying to arrange exchanges. All fun fun in Depo.

MickyK108

Reaction score
I remember when I joined years ago getting kit was like a jumble sale. We all had to scramble around this huge pile of kit on the floor. Trying different sizes on to find your size. The sizes aren’t like your civvie sizes. Don’t think “small” “large” “XL”, they are all NATO serial numbers. Once you think you had your size you had to line up in stores whilst an angry CQMS threw kit at you. Most blokes end up with kit too small or too big and spend the rest of the time trying to arrange exchanges. All fun fun in Depo
When we got ours we had to go back to the section and try on everything to make sure it fit and we had 5 mins to do so then to put it all away 😂 Was up to early hours of the morning ironing never felt so drained in my life 😂

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
I remember when I joined years ago getting kit was like a jumble sale. We all had to scramble around this huge pile of kit on the floor. Trying different sizes on to find your size. The sizes aren’t like your civvie sizes. Don’t think “small” “large” “XL”, they are all NATO serial numbers. Once you think you had your size you had to line up in stores whilst an angry CQMS threw kit at you. Most blokes end up with kit too small or too big and spend the rest of the time trying to arrange exchanges. All fun fun in Depo
Think it’ll still be the same amongst all this covid malarkey?

MickyK108

Reaction score
Think it’ll still be the same amongst all this covid malarkey?
Should be matter of you going to get measured then going to the Clarke to get your kit as they will throw it at you and you will have to big black bags you just fill

ASNT

Reaction score
Great thread! Oldest bloke in your troop? Im 32 this year so getting on a bit!