Any questions?

Aldo

Reaction score
Hi @Paratrooper1 really appreciate your time. Bit of a stupid one really but what is the main reason people fail

Dan

Reaction score
Any questions regarding training ask me here. I will check back in the evenings and be aware my time is limited during the week.

Thanks for doing this. Apart from phys what're the most important things someone can do to prepare for training?

Reactions: Dot

Dot

Reaction score
Something no one really talks about is the final exercise after P company. Can you tell us what to expect?

Newt

Reaction score
Is it possible to see a time table of training?

Dil

Reaction score
Any questions regarding training ask me here. I will check back in the evenings and be aware my time is limited during the week.
Hi , what distances should we run , what type of runs and how many days a week should a potential para recruit run ?
Thanks

LLB

Reaction score
Any insight in the beautiful world or beastings?:LOL:

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Hi @Paratrooper1 really appreciate your time. Bit of a stupid one really but what is the main reason people fail
Mixed bag. Poor physical preparation, lack of maturity, lack of spirit, lack of motivation or it is not what they expected. Or could be for injury/med reasons. Opportunities to improve are there via back squadding, corrective training and specific plans.

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. Apart from phys what're the most important things someone can do to prepare for training?
Research as much as you can about the Parachute Regiment and the wider role of infantry soldiers. Learn about training and understand what will be expected. Get used to early starts and taking more pride in your personal admin. Arrive open minded and ready to learn.

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Something no one really talks about is the final exercise after P company. Can you tell us what to expect?
Each ex stands on the shoulders of the last. They get progressively harder. Final tactical ex is very arduous but we won’t take Joe forward unless we are happy they can achieve the standards. Those who make it to final ex are capable of achieving what needs to be done. This doesn’t mean anyone will find it easy. It is a tough exercise with a lot of moving parts. Final ex and the LFTT package are very arduous but the sense of pride at the end is worth it. It will replicate what is expected of you once you arrive in your battalion. Fast, hard and aggressive.

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Hi what phys tests do we do in basic training
You will do a variety early doors. MSFT, 2 km best effort, mid thigh pull, med ball throw then via the PT staff you will do progressive training that will lead up to RFT which is 4km Tab within 35 mins followed by 2km with 25 kg within 12 mins 30. Then of course you get the treats of P COY

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Hi , what distances should we run , what type of runs and how many days a week should a potential para recruit run ?
Thanks
Personally speaking I recommend 4-6 miles at sub 8:00 min/miles. Get used to running for long periods of time. Get used to hills. Nothing fancy, nothing pretty. Just grizz it out. Do not neglect body weight exercises such as press ups, sit ups, pull ups

Dil

Reaction score
Personally speaking I recommend 4-6 miles at sub 8:00 min/miles. Get used to running for long periods of time. Get used to hills. Nothing fancy, nothing pretty. Just grizz it out. Do not neglect body weight exercises such as press ups, sit ups, pull ups
Thank you

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
Any insight in the beautiful world or beastings?:LOL:
Simple really if Joe aren’t performing to the required standard then expect something to happen!! Even the Joe performing well will be included. So keep your standards high at all times. Remember who you are trying to join. There are way easier options at Catterick

Crispy

Reaction score
As a regular when do you first get your hands on the SA80?

Paratrooper1

Para Reg
Reaction score
As a regular when do you first get your hands on the SA80?
First classroom based rifle lesson is in week 2 and weapon handling test will be week 4. This will qualify Joe to progress on to both DCTT and live ranges

Last edited: