Assessment Date

Oden

Reaction score
Probably abit of a reach, does anyone here have the AC in Lichfield on the 15th Jan?

Last edited:

Oden

Reaction score
I’m February mate! It is getting closer and closer! How’s your phys coming on?
Phys is best its ever been, just focusing on abit of speed work right now, have been doing a lot of running and body circuits inc the RM VPJFT every other day. And ikr the day will be here before we know it 😬 Hows your phys coming along?

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
How was the phys at the AC?
Pretty standard. Thigh pull is fairly easy, just remember to pull on the bar as hard as you can and dig your feet in. Medicine balls pretty simplistic just throwing the ball from the chest whilst sat against a wall. They reminded me what level/distance I needed for each test. Bleep test wasn’t too bad and the PTIs were giving me encouragement when I got around the 11 mark

Nutter

Reaction score
And what about the interview? Did you have to list p coy events ?

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
And what about the interview? Did you have to list p coy events ?
They asked what happens at phase 1 and 2 of training and also what you do at PRAC. I wasn’t questioned on p company events but I think it’s best to know as much as possible as every interviewer will be different.
Edit: I was also asked about the army’s views towards drugs, which is Zero tolerance.

Last edited:

Oden

Reaction score
Had mine in October, staff there are sound and the doctors and nurses are sound too👍
Could I just ask, did you bring a suit for your interview? A lot of people I’ve spoken to say the people running the course are really pushed for time. Was there time to freshen up beforehand?

Last edited:

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
Could I just ask, did you bring a suit for your interview? A lot of people I’ve spoken to say the people running the course are really pushed for time. Was there time to freshen up beforehand?
For AC I wore Trousers, shoes, shirt and a smart jumper, after your physical your given time to shower and get ready for your interview. My interview was towards the end but still had time to wash and freshen up👍
Edit: Suits are to be worn for PRAC though, but they’ll send you a list of what you need once your booked in.

Last edited:

Dot

Reaction score
Are PRACs running as normal despite corona?

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
Are PRACs running as normal despite corona?
Slight changes, think the steeple chase had been replaced with the bleep test but think everything else is more or less the same

PhysMan

Reaction score
Had my AC in October around the 13th and my Pracs on the 7th December. I was given the option for dates in November but wanted more time to prepare so choose December.

Happy days, this might just swing me towards joining Para after all then. For me the main thing was wait times but if it's possible to get a one month turn around then keen!

Big_Shep

4 PARA
Reaction score
Seen! As we've discussed separately, at this stage in life it's about getting in and building the career, but an extra month or two is nothing for such a top job. Unlike some others not to be named, that are already filling start dates next summer!
The conveyer belt moves quickly for the most part

Aldo

Reaction score
Seen! As we've discussed separately, at this stage in life it's about getting in and building the career, but an extra month or two is nothing for such a top job. Unlike some others not to be named, that are already filling start dates next summer!

Is there a big wait for Para Reg?

PhysMan

Reaction score
Is there a big wait for Para Reg?

By the sounds of it in this thread there isn't, which is a very big boost. I'll be speaking to my afco Monday to see about swapping my preferences over (though I don't think preferences matter much until after AC)