Assessment Date

HGH77

Reaction score
Finally managed to get onto an AC intake after a 12 month wait! Quick MSFT then back home to pat myself on the back. From the looks of the JI should be relatively smooth and straight forward. Wish me luck hombres 👍 will post outcome/experience in due course
Best of luck mate. What’s your training looking like leading up to it?

Oden

Reaction score
Cheers lads I intend to. Need to figure out if I should taper upto it or down to it but up until about 4-5 days prior il maintain what I’m doing generally, 80/20 running and tonnes of core and bodyweight stuff, full hydration cycle and lots of high energy foods. There’s times I’ve hit level 12+ other times Ive barely scratched level 8 which is odd.
What date did you get mate and best of luck!

D

Deletedmember

Corporeal today said about paras not being troubled for man power at the moment but it seems other regiments are lacking numbers applying.
Yeah, royal artillery must be at a low point because my recruiter didnt stop going on about em.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Sounds like quite a few lads were asked if they would like to change
Looks like everybody’s watched the same documentaries and wants to go elite lmao good for the reg though. So how does recruiting work then does each reg have a rep that tries to get applicants or is a recruiter responsible for nabbing a fair share of people for each role in the military? I’ve heard of a lot people have been ‘urged’ to go to other job roles, maybe these are the people that joined with a vague idea of what they want to do? I wasn’t questioned once about what I wanted to do 🤔 plus on my intake last year there was 3 lads who wanted to go para, out of 52!

Dan

Reaction score
Looks like everybody’s watched the same documentaries and wants to go elite lmao good for the reg though. So how does recruiting work then does each reg have a rep that tries to get applicants or is a recruiter responsible for nabbing a fair share of people for each role in the military? I’ve heard of a lot people have been ‘urged’ to go to other job roles, maybe these are the people that joined with a vague idea of what they want to do? I wasn’t questioned once about what I wanted to do 🤔 plus on my intake last year there was 3 lads who wanted to go para, out of 52!
My recruiter tried pushing me towards Welsh Guards but that might have been due to him being in Welsh Guards himself

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
Personally never had an issue and they was quite happy with me to go for Para but maybe there was an increase in applications after me? One of my recruiters was Tank Reg and one cavalry, but they never questioned my decision and just asked for a back up incase.
I was the only one for Para at my AC and the day before there was only two. Of the two I was told only one passed.

D

Deletedmember

I think theyve been told that a certain reg isnt pulling the numbers compared to other so they try to get as many people in there. They thought id be an easy target because i failed my ac. Kept on going on about how the royal artillery have a parachute battalion... Its just a numbers game, get as many people in then weed out the bad ones. But similar to what you mentioned , there was only 2 (me included) at ac who was goin for paras.

Aldo

Reaction score

Mate it’s not like the Officer entry. It’s not like we just decided to join the Army or in our case the AR and then decide what Regt to join. At soldier entry provided we meet the initial criteria we are the ones who decide who we would like to join. For example I applied for 4 PARA and no one else

Iron

Staff member
Reaction score
Certain trades and roles are an “Operational Pinch Point”. This means there is a shortfall in their trained strength which could have a detrimental impact on operational effectiveness. Recruiters may recommend different options but it is your right to join whomever you wish provided you pass the entry requirements.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Smashed it lads! Pumped to say the least 💪 journey starts now. Anyone ever have doubts about RFTE/MSFT just throw that out the window, the environment and build up leaves very little room or opportunity for failure. Dig in, bite the metal, earn it 💯

Admin

Site owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Smashed it lads! Pumped to say the least 💪 journey starts now. Anyone ever have doubts about RFTE/MSFT just throw that out the window, the environment and build up leaves very little room or opportunity for failure. Dig in, bite the metal, earn it 💯
Absolutely fantastic news @Mac_t1lt . Keep the momentum and keep working hard. Well done

Aldo

Reaction score
One step closer mate! Next stop 4 PARA.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
One step closer mate! Next stop 4 PARA.
It’s in the bag already mate I can feel it in my shoes. Somewhere there’s a nice shiney beret with my name on it

Aldo

Reaction score
Hopefully you get on the summer cadre

LLB

Reaction score
How was the AC? Do they stop it after 11.6?

YorkshireLad

Reaction score
Do reserves and regulars do the same AC? Was there many para hopefuls on it? What all did it entail ?