Assessment Date

YorkshireLad

Reaction score
Do reserves and regulars do the same AC? Was there many para hopefuls on it? What all did it entail ?

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Do reserves and regulars do the same AC? Was there many para hopefuls on it? What all did it entail ?
Yes mate ACs the same for res and reg only reg does prac after before basic. Not a lot of paras from what I saw. Those there for RFTE went one place others for full AC went the other. Off the coach, bib on, bleep test, mid thigh, med ball, bib off, on coach , done. A few lads were nervous but once your on the line it’ll disappear, then it’s up and down for 11 odd minutes in front of loads of people so jacking on it is actually quite difficult.

Newt

Reaction score
How did you find the med ball mate? How did you prep for it

K_NI

Reaction score
Yes mate ACs the same for res and reg only reg does prac after before basic. Not a lot of paras from what I saw. Those there for RFTE went one place others for full AC went the other. Off the coach, bib on, bleep test, mid thigh, med ball, bib off, on coach , done. A few lads were nervous but once your on the line it’ll disappear, then it’s up and down for 11 odd minutes in front of loads of people so jacking on it is actually quite difficult.
RFTE?

Chillly32

Reaction score
No mate I was expecting to but literally just done the fitness tests then left 👍 if you’re doing the full AC then there should be an interview at the end yes
What were the PTIs like? Is it a very strict environment and what was the warm up like? I take it the 2 km run isn’t involved at all?

YorkshireLad

Reaction score
Mac mate what was the average age would you say? Would 30 be considered older end or the scale there?

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
What were the PTIs like? Is it a very strict environment and what was the warm up like? I take it the 2 km run isn’t involved at all?
@Chillly32 Not really any PTIs about as they’re probably somewhere doing lessons etc, one told us what was about to happen and what was expected of us. Regardless of job role he wanted everyone to max out and go for 11.6, you’re not to stop unless instructed to and there’s no warm up. Your warmup is the earlier levels of the bleep test. Not strict per se, just a no nonsense environment where you’re expected to listen and do what’s asked of you. The environment was slightly pressurised and strangely motivating (on that day anyway) which was awesome, due to conditions you’ll put in extra effort easily. No 2km run due to covid, just bleep test, mid thigh pull and med ball throw and you’re done. 👍

@YorkshireLad its a mixed bag mate, I was probably the oldest there (in my little group anyway)

Newt

Reaction score
Genuinely a bit worried about the med ball. Not trained for it and no access to any. No idea how far I can throw it. I’ll keep smashing press ups and hope it’s enough

K_NI

Reaction score
Could of swore I read @PhysMan had an interview at his AC?? When do you have your formal interview now