British army recruitment

Tony_m

Para Reg
Reaction score
The Army pays an external civilian agency to manage recruitment and the associated advertising about it. Don’t let it put you off as the Army has always painted a rosy picture of service life. When I joined it was posters of squaddies windsurfing and promises of traveling to weird and exotic places.
My first tour was North Belfast in the winter..

Chelonian

Reaction score
From a marketing perspective infantry in general and PARA in particular are tiny, niche elements of Army recruiting.
There is a logic to emphasising what some consider to be a 'woke' mindset in the current ads if they generate interest from those who might be considering the broader range of Army support roles which are away from the 'pointy end' of things.

I'm not current on PARA recruitment but back in the day many potentials stepping into an AFCO did so with a clear ambition to join the Parachute Regiment rather than a vague idea about getting a job in the Army.

It would be good to see some PARA focused TV ads though. Feel free to develop and describe a storyline for a thirty-second TV ad below. 🙂

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
From a marketing perspective infantry in general and PARA in particular are tiny, niche elements of Army recruiting.
There is a logic to emphasising what some consider to be a 'woke' mindset in the current ads if they generate interest from those who might be considering the broader range of Army support roles which are away from the 'pointy end' of things.

I'm not current on PARA recruitment but back in the day many potentials stepping into an AFCO did so with a clear ambition to join the Parachute Regiment rather than a vague idea about getting a job in the Army.

It would be good to see some PARA focused TV ads though. Feel free to develop and describe a storyline for a thirty-second TV ad below. 🙂
4:00am wake up - necks combat fuel sup - checks garmin watch at mile 7 - sweaty burpees - running & screaming with stretcher - milling and cheering - being handed maroon machine - passing out / looking right - falling from sky - being handed wings patch - mag change / closing dust cover - mean-mugging the camera - ‘Airborne’ ‘Be The Best’ 💥🔥

Chelonian

Reaction score
Nice one @Mac_t1lt
I have at least one potential TV ad synopsis in mind but I'll wait for a few more from others before sharing. :)

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
It seems pretty hit’or’miss when it comes to capita, some lads applied 3 months ago and already have a start date for basic, others like myself have had a very lanky wait indeed (cheers covid/blood test/dental work) but all in all my dealings with them have been great, then again, I do have the patience of a seasoned housewife

DannyMac

Para Reg
Reaction score
4:00am wake up - necks combat fuel sup - checks garmin watch at mile 7 - sweaty burpees - running & screaming with stretcher - milling and cheering - being handed maroon machine - passing out / looking right - falling from sky - being handed wings patch - mag change / closing dust cover - mean-mugging the camera - ‘Airborne’ ‘Be The Best’ 💥🔥
Cheese

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
What’s a recruitment ad in 2021 without a solid piece of dairy. Scratch that script then, just have a flexed bicep and a godly moustache chugging brew from a para mug ☕️ 💪 “join now”

BarneyMac

Reaction score
I have a saved video of a new and unseen Para Reg advert. Can’t upload as file is too large any ideas ?