Changing address during application process

Jrm96

Reaction score
Hi there

I am currently going through the application process to join the paras, I am currently waiting on my GP to release my medical records (what a ball ache this is) but I might have to move out where I am living now and will be finding a place to stay till I get my basic training dates. Currently living with my mum and twin brother but I was wondering how this would work with regards to my application, will I have to contact my recruiter and inform them of my change of address and will I have to register with a new GP or can I keep the same one. I will only be moving 10/20 minutes away but it’s the next town over from where I am now and how much hassle will this cause? Or do I move out and keep my same address as any letters etc that will be sent will be received by my twin or mother. Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated cheers guys 👍

Iron

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there

I am currently going through the application process to join the paras, I am currently waiting on my GP to release my medical records (what a ball ache this is) but I might have to move out where I am living now and will be finding a place to stay till I get my basic training dates. Currently living with my mum and twin brother but I was wondering how this would work with regards to my application, will I have to contact my recruiter and inform them of my change of address and will I have to register with a new GP or can I keep the same one. I will only be moving 10/20 minutes away but it’s the next town over from where I am now and how much hassle will this cause? Or do I move out and keep my same address as any letters etc that will be sent will be received by my twin or mother. Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated cheers guys 👍

It’s not going to be a drama. You have a responsibility to update your recruiter about change of contact details. This would include a change of address. It’s a quick fix for them. The last thing you need is a letter being posted to your previous digs. Just call and update to your mums address and it doesn’t sound like you need a new GP.

Jrm96

Reaction score
It’s not going to be a drama. You have a responsibility to update your recruiter about change of contact details. This would include a change of address. It’s a quick fix for them. The last thing you need is a letter being posted to your previous digs. Just call and update to your mums address and it doesn’t sound like you need a new GP.
Ok brilliant thank you for the reply I will get it done!

The CSM

Reaction score
Hi there

Your choice of GP has nothing to do with the Army but you are responsible for updating your contact and GP details if there are any change