Coach Mike Chadwick

Reaction score
Hey @Coachmikechadwick, really appreciate you taking the time to do this. My question is how many times a week do you think a para hopeful should be running a week and which styles or types of running will be of most value. Thanks!
It really depends on your current ability mate! I couldnt prescribe without measuring first! With my training programmes I firstly measure and then prescribe. I understands your current ability, your climate, your equipment and then only do i make a plan.

Dot

Reaction score
I really really appreciate this cheers!

Dot

Reaction score
Not really a fitness question but what is PT like after training? Is it mostly tabs?

Aldo

Reaction score
What would you say is the most common reason for blokes failing P company and the most common preventable injuries. Just want to be as prepared as possible but I want to stay injury free so when I get to training I can really attack it.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
What would you say is the most common reason for blokes failing P company and the most common preventable injuries. Just want to be as prepared as possible but I want to stay injury free so when I get to training I can really attack it.
I’m sure somebody will touch on this but from my research I’ve read shin-splints are quite common. Other than the physical I suppose your mind plays a big part in flopping it. Get yourself fit and strong for basic and the PTIs will get you fit and strong for PCOY. If you get yourself ready for PCOY then go into training you MIGHT catch an injury that sets you back a bit. Trainings progressive so it’s fitter and stronger bit by bit as time goes on, by the time you do PCOY you would have done most of the events before on separate occasions so you’re going to be familiar. Mind over matter dude 👍💪🙏

Reaction score
You'd be surprised to hear that the most common failure in depo is NOT P Company. People fail prior as they can't withstand the rigours of everyday training. If you make it to P company then the instructors have given the green light that they think you can pass. They then hand you over to the 'gate keepers' (P Coy staff, external to your platoon staff) who decide whether your fit enough or not. If you are, you pass and you get handed back to your platoon staff, to continue your training/selection.

Dil

Reaction score
Let’s do this. For those of you who don’t know me or seen me on social media (@coachmikechadwick), my names Mike and I’ve been in and around the Parachute Regiment since passing out in April 2008. I’ve served with 1&2 para and after a moving into physical development full time within the RAPTC to help shape the way in which the Army train, I’m now working with 4 para. I’ve worked on all pathways into the Reg, so please fire away any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. If I don’t know the answer, I should hopefully know where to find it or who to go to..
Hi , how many times a week would you reccomend some training for the paras to run each week .