Commitment

Atom

Reaction score
I was wondering what the commitment expected is like after training and how flexible it is. For example if circumstances change with your civilian job and you can’t commit as much as you’d like is that an issue?

Am I right in thinking if you fail to achieve the minimum 28 days a year then you can be disciplined?

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
I was wondering what the commitment expected is like after training and how flexible it is. For example if circumstances change with your civilian job and you can’t commit as much as you’d like is that an issue?

Am I right in thinking if you fail to achieve the minimum 28 days a year then you can be disciplined?
There’s a minimum amount of days you need to commit to, if you can’t you’ll miss out on your bounty amongst other things. I’m not sure if you get disciplined or not but save yourself the agg either way and try to commit as many days as you can as I suspect it’ll bode well for you in terms of bridging the knowledge & skills gap (so I’ve been told)

Any issues just bring it up with your unit and take it from there. Communication is key 👍

Aceofspades

Reaction score
With training, if you miss an important weekend or miss too many weekends and the training team can't catch you up, you will be back squadded.

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score

For 100% clarity, if you miss any periods/weekends during recruit training you'll be re-cadred as there isn't sufficient time to cover what you've missed.

Once you've completed recruit training it is more flexible. To achieve your annual training bounty you need to complete 27 days (of which 14 should be concurrent). If your civilian/home life becomes more demanding it's simply a case of discussing with your chain of command, if it's an extended period then a leave of absence can be requested.

Atom

Reaction score
For 100% clarity, if you miss any periods/weekends during recruit training you'll be re-cadred as there isn't sufficient time to cover what you've missed.

Once you've completed recruit training it is more flexible. To achieve your annual training bounty you need to complete 27 days (of which 14 should be concurrent). If your civilian/home life becomes more demanding it's simply a case of discussing with your chain of command, if it's an extended period then a leave of absence can be requested.
Thanks for clearing this up. If for example an exercise is coming up and you may be required to take leave from work will we be given good notice?

I guess what I’m asking is once passed out will be have access to all the annual key dates so we can plan. My work may sometimes require me to work away on various courses ranging from a a week to a few months depending on what it is.

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up. If for example an exercise is coming up and you may be required to take leave from work will we be given good notice?

I guess what I’m asking is once passed out will be have access to all the annual key dates so we can plan. My work may sometimes require me to work away on various courses ranging from a a week to a few months depending on what it is.
Yes. There is a training calendar (Forecast of Events) that contains all of the training weekends for the year ahead. If you can't attend, it's a case of advising the chain of command so they can plan accordingly.