Crowbag CMT trainee

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just recently started at Lichfield last week to become a CMT, not looking at joining the Parachute Regiment but very interested in joining 16 Medical Regiment after my training has commenced.

Also, I know this is a forum mostly for the Para hopefuls but I’d be happy to help out if anyone is interested in joining the RAMC. We are currently the first course to go through a new medical training syllabus as they’ve ditched Common Core now.

Long winded intro done. Ta.

Dot

Reaction score
How was your basic training? Harder or easier than expected? Any thing you wish you trained more for

Newt

Reaction score
How long did you wait from AC to start date matey

TylerDurden

Reaction score
How was your basic training? Harder or easier than expected? Any thing you wish you trained more for
Some other elements of training will be easier than others but it depends on the person. For me nav was tricky and I still don’t really fully get it, whereas some lads aced it, but then it took those guys a few tries to pass their ACMT. All in all you won’t really know what is easy or hard for you until you get there and start doing it.

Phys wise the minimum entry for most jobs is around the level 7 mark for the Bleep Test, but personally you should be aiming higher than that. The phys wasn’t harder than it probably is at Catterick but still quite intense for someone who enters if they’re only hitting level 7. Also I felt like I should have done more circuit/strength and conditioning before turning up as we did a lot of that, more so than runs.

Newt

Reaction score
Some other elements of training will be easier than others but it depends on the person. For me nav was tricky and I still don’t really fully get it, whereas some lads aced it, but then it took those guys a few tries to pass their ACMT. All in all you won’t really know what is easy or hard for you until you get there and start doing it.

Phys wise the minimum entry for most jobs is around the level 7 mark for the Bleep Test, but personally you should be aiming higher than that. The phys wasn’t harder than it probably is at Catterick but still quite intense for someone who enters if they’re only hitting level 7. Also I felt like I should have done more circuit/strength and conditioning before turning up as we did a lot of that, more so than runs.
Bleep is 11.6 for us Para hopefuls mate