Depot

Apex303

Reaction score
Did you take an ironing board mate?
No, you can buy one at the naffi. Or look behind the bins near the accommodation. Previous platoon would have likely left some. At least that's where I got mine.

Things not to take...
Lots of civvies (maybe a pair of jeans, trainers, t shirts and some shorts for down time)
Lots of your own socks. Can't use them while working anyway.
Any military kit you already own or thinking would be useful.
Supplements ( burroca and rehydration powder maybe allowed)

Things to get hold of...
Waterproof map case to be used as notepad case so around a5 (amazon)
Sniper tape (plain green)
Sharpie marker pens / normal pens and A4 paper
At least 6+ padlocks that use the same key with spares
Spare toothbrush, paste and razor for locker

Dot

Reaction score
Hi mate we spoke to @MickyK108 who was in guards training at Catterick who has been a god send to be fair. But as you have experience of Para training, what was your experience of the exercises? How many do you do over all?

Apex303

Reaction score
Hi mate we spoke to @MickyK108 who was in guards training at Catterick who has been a god send to be fair. But as you have experience of Para training, what was your experience of the exercises? How many do you do over all?
Hi mate we spoke to @MickyK108 who was in guards training at Catterick who has been a god send to be fair. But as you have experience of Para training, what was your experience of the exercises? How many do you do over all
Intro 1, 2 and 3 (test)
Urban ex
Tactical 1, 2 , 3 (3 after p company)
Final and LFTT

I only got to intro 3 so will refrain from commenting about difficulty

Parkhead

Reaction score
Tabbing, a few runs and circuits. Intense. My advice would be hills and injury prevention.
Don't tab before depot.
Hey mate thanks for all this, much appreciated. What sort of distance are we talking on the runs in PT?

Apex303

Reaction score
Hey mate thanks for all this, much appreciated. What sort of distance are we talking on the runs in PT?
Averaged between 4 and 6 but that means nothing when you add hills sprints, tabbing , fartleck, intervals, steeplechase, thrashings before and after and a lot of DOMs from the strength and conditioning sessions.
So prepare for prac, keep it simple stupid in your prep and let the depot training team do the rest

Dan

Reaction score
Averaged between 4 and 6 but that means nothing when you add hills sprints, tabbing , fartleck, intervals, steeplechase, thrashings before and after and a lot of DOMs from the strength and conditioning sessions.
So prepare for prac, keep it simple stupid in your prep and let the depot training team do the rest
Would it be a good idea to take a foam roller to help with DOMs?

HGH77

Reaction score
What would be involved in the strength and conditioning sessions. How long would they be and what movements would be involved for what sets and reps and weights. And would it be in the format of a circuit or more traditional strength format where you do a few heavy sets for 3-6 reps

Bongo

Para Reg
Reaction score
Really important point boys. You don’t need to do weird and wonderful with your phys. Keep it simple. Keep running and increasing distance. Keep running up hills and depot will do the rest

Brixstix

Reaction score
@Apex303 was there any aspect of fitness that caught you by surprise during depot that you regret not training more for?

Apex303

Reaction score
Its too varied to give you a solid picture. No 3-6 rep stuff. If you're going to circuit train I would do it for time rather than reps
What I will do is put some exercises below to get you thinking

Press ups ,Hand walk outs ,Press up burpee ,Burpee with broad jump ,Hollow hold, Planks, Side plank, Squat, Lunge ,Split squat, Step up, Pull ups, Squat thrust , Leg raise, Glute bridge, Wall sit

But the facilities at Catterick are good so they have rowers, ski ergs, assault bikes, sand bags, slam balls. Outside phys is similar to fintan

Dot

Reaction score
What is the score with weekends off, I read it’s long weekend after week 7? Can you literally go home at weekends outside of lockdown?

Parkhead

Reaction score
How quickly after PRAC where you at Depot mate? Was it a big wait

Apex303

Reaction score
Couldn't really tell you about weekends other than they get taken away pretty easily anytime before p coy.

I waited for personal reasons 6 months after prac. I think most of my were in within 3 months