Do many 4 PARA go on to join the regulars?

TBK95

Reaction score
Out of interest I was wondering if it is a well trodden path for 4 PARA soldiers to get a taste for it and join full time? If so, are they required to start from day one as a regular or is there a conversation course?

Reactions: Dil

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Out of interest I was wondering if it is a well trodden path for 4 PARA soldiers to get a taste for it and join full time? If so, are they required to start from day one as a regular or is there a conversation course?
I wouldn’t say well trodden but lads have done it, it’s probable transferees will have to do PCOY again but not sure about preliminary training blocks, maybe someone could clarify

TBK95

Reaction score
Thanks @Mac_t1lt . What about the other way round? So many regulars leave and rejoin 4 PARA? Just trying to gauge the cross pollination between regular and reserves.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Thanks @Mac_t1lt . What about the other way round? So many regulars leave and rejoin 4 PARA? Just trying to gauge the cross pollination between regular and reserves.
Yeah reg to res is a lot more common from my understanding

G87

Para Reg
Reaction score
One of my old bosses was a Tom with 4 PARA then commissioned as a regular. Think he’s still in

DannyMac

Para Reg
Reaction score
4 para will join regulars on various exercises and yes some do go regular either via attachment or re joining as a regular