If an officer fails P company ?

BT9

Reaction score
In the unfortunate event that an officer candidate gets selected for Para Reg but fails P Company, what would happen? Would he just get posted to another Regiment, is it the end of the road, or does he have the right to try again, if he and Para Reg approve it?

Mackers

Para Reg
Reaction score
Not 100% sure but I know there is alot of competition in Sandhurst to join the Reg. I think it comes down to OC P Coy and how bad you actually did. But if you fail twice you are sent to your second choice if they’ll have you.
@Mark-Sutton
@Tony_m
@Iron

One of the experienced lads will know

Redders

Para Reg
Reaction score
Don’t think about failing just think about passing. P Coy is mentally very tough. Very fit lads fail. Less fit lads who don't quit pass.
Yes not everyone passes P Coy first time round. Some get medded off in the first few days. Some see themselves off by weakness on the last day If you really want the Reg, you'll come back and get the job done.

DannyMac

Para Reg
Reaction score
It sounds to me that there's worry in your head. P Company is something you really have to attack like a man possessed. You’ll only want to do it once. Dont sign up thinking 'what if I fail,' sign up fully intending to shatter it

Iron

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with the above. The question is valid but the underlying theme isn’t helpful. Never end the fight and put everything you’ve got into passing. Passion and drive shows