Introduction - DomJolly

DomJolly

Reaction score
Recent lurker of this great site and find the advice extremely useful, thought I'd sign up and create an account!

I'm currently in the application process, I've been a firefighter (*cough retained cough*) for three and a half years. Joined the RM as a nod and left against better judgement, my friends have passed out and many have since been pinged for the dreaded drives, I've sacked off opportunities to join the wholetime fire service to pursue what I actually want to do (with the risk of sounding chad): serve with the best and do the job of an infantry soldier. It's the next level for me and I'm captivated by what the Parachute Regiment does and, hopefully, what I can offer them. It has taken years of maturing and set backs to get to this point, character building as they say, but I finally know what I want to do, there are no doubts anymore.

Just looking for help and advice from the people who have this major similar interest. Thank you.

San Carlos

Reaction score
Hi mate I initially applied for RM but never made it down to CTC after being caught up at the medical. Binned it all. Fast forward two years and I’ve recently passed PRAC and am due to start Depot soon. This place is great and has a lot of experienced people on it so good luck

DomJolly

Reaction score
Hi mate I initially applied for RM but never made it down to CTC after being caught up at the medical. Binned it all. Fast forward two years and I’ve recently passed PRAC and am due to start Depot soon. This place is great and has a lot of experienced people on it so good luck
I'm glad it's worked out for you mate, best of luck and I hope you get where you need to be! Very glad I've found this site, I might send you a DM in the near future to pick your brains if you have the time? Thank you

Admin

Site owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post an introduction