Joining Parachute Regiment as an officer.

BT9

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any recent experience of being successfully selected to serve as an officer within Parachute Reg?
I appreciate that ultimately this is down to your overall performance at RMAS. I understand in order to be considered while at RMAS you'll need to be comfortably in the top 1/3 of your intake (and ideally better) and also how you come across at the board.
In my minds eye Para officers are expected to lead from the front, get stuck in and get their hands dirty along with the Toms. This is something I wouldn’t have the slightest of issues about.
Any recent experience appreciated.

Big_Shep

4 PARA
Reaction score
Before starting your training at Sandhurst you will get loaded onto a Potential Officers Insight Course where you will do phys assessments, command tasks, group work, planning ex, essays and interviews. You will also get the chance to have a Q&A with some serving Officers at various different levels.
The Regimental Selection Board takes place in your second term at Sandhurst. Pass the board and then you can attempt P coy.

Blisters

Reaction score
My lad is currently serving as a Para Reg Officer. I’ll not go into much more detail for his own discretion but if I am to pick up anything that he has shared about his board is that you can’t try and put up a facade. Don’t try and say what you think they want to hear and instead just be yourself. Para Reg aren’t interested in what school you attended or if you have BBC perfect diction.
They are more interested in what you can bring to the show and if you are willing push yourself to excel. They’ll want strong evidence you have a strong level of judgement and ability to handle pressure. Just be yourself and work hard at RMAS.