Joining timeline

Mac69

Reaction score
Hi chaps can anyone give me and idea of timelines for joining? From filling online forms in to careers talk and assessment etc..is it weeks or months?
Id like to get the ball rolling with paperwork but am still improving fitness and not quite hitting my bleep test at the moment. I just seem to get the website read back to me when I call up! Would appreciate any advice from the guys on here with recent experience of the process. Cheers

HP

Para Reg
Reaction score
Took me 5 months but I think the average is around 6-8 months from application to start date. Some get held up at med stage or PRAC deferrals

Mac69

Reaction score
Cheers! How long do you have to wait for AC? Are you able to tell them when your ready for it? Or pause application if needed?

Dot

Reaction score
@Apex303 is online and he’s gone through it recently he’ll know mate

Apex303

Reaction score
@Apex303 is online and he’s gone through it recently he’ll know mate
This is before covid mind...
Had my interview roughly 2 weeks after applying. Some how fast tracked onto AC within 4 weeks and passed. Had PRAC close to 3 months after. And could have started depot within another 3 months but chose 6 due to family.

If you pass AC and feel ready for PRAC you could pester every week or two and see if anyone has dropped out. Likewise for depot.

Lucky for me aswell my careers office has placements for para reg so most of my career discussion was done with them

Mac69

Reaction score
Ok thanks man im still working on my bleep test so didnt want to apply and be shoved onto AC too quickly! Finding it hard to adapt to the back and forth!

Newt

Reaction score
I’ve managed to pause my application after AC due to injury mate. I’ve pushed my PRAC back. Just be open with your recruiter and talk it through