Life at 4 PARA

Nutter

Reaction score
Is it possible to get an idea of the average weekend/ drill night at 4 PARA @Westy

Big_Shep

4 PARA
Reaction score
For 4 PARA soldiers the quid pro quo is that they are expected to attend ‘starred weekends’ and battalion events that run every month and of course deploy if required. You can sign up to the High Readiness Reserve contract. I’m sure westy will post some recent stuff up as I’m three years out of date

Colgate

Reaction score
Would love the answer to this too so I can give my employer and idea of the comittment outside of training. Am I right in thinking the drill nights are Wednesday evenings? @4 PARA HQ

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
It's the same day each week, generally Tuesday however some are Wednesday. 1930-2130hrs

Format is usually PT, then Military lessons either MATTs, Weapon handling or Medic lessons or Practical where the real estate allows (OBUA demonstrations etc).

The lessons will link into the Bn and Coy training cycle.

4 PARA

Redders

Para Reg
Reaction score
You wouldn’t need to complete P Coy again but you’d prob have to smash CIC again. 4 PARA will know

Dai1984

Reaction score
It's the same day each week, generally Tuesday however some are Wednesday. 1930-2130hrs

Format is usually PT, then Military lessons either MATTs, Weapon handling or Medic lessons or Practical where the real estate allows (OBUA demonstrations etc).

The lessons will link into the Bn and Coy training cycle.

4 PARA
Is two hours really enough? Seems a short amount of time to get stuff done. Can you show up earlier etc?

Blisters

Reaction score
Is two hours really enough? Seems a short amount of time to get stuff done. Can you show up earlier etc?

Training will be timetabled and well structured. The reserve forces have been operating for a long time this way and they know what they are doing.