Phase 1 and 2 training.

Woody

Reaction score
Alright everyone.

I've got my AC very soon, I've been resting the last few days and just preparing as best as I can.
One question that I must have missed, where is the Phase 1 and 2 training held, is it at Catterick? I know what the training consists of but in all the notes I've taken I've never written down where. Daft question and I feel like I should know, but I'd rather ask, look daft and get the answer rather than keep quiet.

Cheers,

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Alright everyone.

I've got my AC very soon, I've been resting the last few days and just preparing as best as I can.
One question that I must have missed, where is the Phase 1 and 2 training held, is it at Catterick? I know what the training consists of but in all the notes I've taken I've never written down where. Daft question and I feel like I should know, but I'd rather ask, look daft and get the answer rather than keep quiet.

Cheers,
Phil
Bulk of it’s done with your unit I believe mate, then you’ll shoot off to catterick at the end of it for PCOY

Iron

Staff member
Reaction score
@4 PARA HQ may want to add to this but you will attend 11 Weekends training over 22 weeks at various locations and attend 22 training evenings in your local 4 PARA Army Reserve Centre. During your weekends in training it is likely you’ll parade on a Friday and then be transported to a training area. Could be Pirbright, otterburn etc.

Step 2
You will attend a two week Combat Infantryman’s Course (CIC) in Catterick where you will be assessed by Regular PARA Coy staff. @Paratrooper1 may want to add more

Step 3
You will attend 5 weekends Pre Parachute Selection (PPS) training and 11 training evenings in your local Army Reserve Centre before you attempt P Coy

Not a crap question and many probably want to know also.

Admin

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright everyone.

. Daft question and I feel like I should know, but I'd rather ask, look daft and get the answer rather than keep quiet.

Cheers,

Literally the purpose of this place. Never hesitate to ask a question here. Plenty of experience on the site that can help answer.

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
@4 PARA HQ may want to add to this but you will attend 11 Weekends training over 22 weeks at various locations and attend 22 training evenings in your local 4 PARA Army Reserve Centre. During your weekends in training it is likely you’ll parade on a Friday and then be transported to a training area. Could be Pirbright, otterburn etc.

Step 2
You will attend a two week Combat Infantryman’s Course (CIC) in Catterick where you will be assessed by Regular PARA Coy staff. @Paratrooper1 may want to add more

Step 3
You will attend 5 weekends Pre Parachute Selection (PPS) training and 11 training evenings in your local Army Reserve Centre before you attempt P Coy

Not a crap question and many probably want to know also.
Summarised perfectly!

Don't get too concerned about being wrongfooted by questions at AC - 4 PARA is quite different to the rest of the reserves in it's training delivery so it's unlikely much will be known by the DS at your assessment centre.

Aldo

Reaction score
I have my AC as a 4 PARA applicant coming up soon and genuinely can’t wait to get going. Annoyingly my career advisor really didn’t know much about 4 PARA and that is why this place is such a god send! Thanks @4 PARA HQ

Reactions: LLB