Phys at the start of training

HGH77

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what the phys starts off like in training. I’m aware of the standards at PRAC and of the standards at P Company, and the fact that training is progressive, however where does it start. Of course no one will be able to give exact answers as to the fitness programme they put you on at ITC, but just looking for rough figures in terms of mileage or paces for the first runs and also if there is any strength training involved?

Joe-Singh

Reaction score
Not sure if your seen this post mate but should give you a better insight: Depot, should give you a good overview

Mackers

Para Reg
Reaction score
You’ll do PT a lot, probably 5 times a week plus any "corrective phys” your NCOs dish out in the block. You’ll start with runs around camp and a few miles out on the back area plus lots of circuit training in the gym. The runs will progress into running with boots and then Tabbing etc. But you’ll still smash 6 or 8 mile runs in too. Just get yourself to a decent level and let the training do the rest.

bruisedshins

Reaction score
When you say decent level, how fit runs / press up sit up etc wise would you advise before applying

Simba

Reaction score
When you say decent level, how fit runs / press up sit up etc wise would you advise before applying
Have you seen this? It gives you an idea of the training requirements. I’d say you don’t need to be superman but be able to excel the entry requirements. I am able to run 1.5 mile in under 9.30 and being able to do over 44 press-ups and 44 sit-ups in 2 mins is a key starting point by the looks of it. Just be sensible I’d say.
I'm running 1.5 miles in 8:10 and managing 65 situps in 2 mins... but I can only do 55 pressups in 2 mins.

https://www.paras.uk/threads/paras-men-at-war-full-series-and-maroon-machine-series.168/

Last edited:

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Have you seen this? It gives you an idea of the training requirements. I’d say you don’t need to be superman but be able to excel the entry requirements. I am able to run 1.5 mile in under 9.30 and being able to do over 44 press-ups and 44 sit-ups in 2 mins is a key starting point by the looks of it. Just be sensible I’d say.
I'm running 1.5 miles in 8:10 and managing 65 situps in 2 mins... but I can only do 55 pressups in 2 mins.

https://www.paras.uk/threads/paras-men-at-war-full-series-and-maroon-machine-series.168/
‘Only 55’ mate give yourself some credit 55 is decent - I’ve been told some lads struggle with 20 so you’re in a good place. Run times decent too. My fastest mile is like 6min17 or something so a way to go for me but absolutely doable. Alot of people are weak in atleast one area but that’s what basic trainings for. Plus doesnt matter how fit you are when you turn up they’re going to reset your fitness so you’re all on the same page/level, for some they’ll even lose a bit of fitness but it’s all for the greater good 🤙💪👍