Pre PRAC plan

HGH77

Reaction score
Just a quick one from me. I’ve heard from a few sources that the parachute regiment in the past have had a training plan they give you if you pass the assessment centre that is geared towards PRAC. However everything I have seen or heard of has been in reference to a fair few years ago. Just wondering if this is still done or if they leave it up to you to continue working on your fitness for PRAC on completion of assessment centre. Of course the responsibility of fitness falls the individual and really you should be ready for PRAC regardless, but was just wondering if there is any sort of training guidance directly from the reg themselves. Cheers lads

The CSM

Reaction score
There is a free app available produced by the British Army for both Apple and Android devices. If you search for 100% Army Fit on either store you will find it on there. Download it and have a look. There are useful videos on technique and the app will help you track your progress and set goals.

Bongo

Para Reg
Reaction score
As far as I’m aware no official plan exists. However aim to be able to run comfortably for 45- 60 mins without stopping at a steady pace, you really need to improve CV endurance and get used to running distance. 4 miler is over hilly, shitty, tough ground so train for that. Also make sure you can do at least 50 press ups and sit-ups in x2 2 minute blocks and you should be at a reasonable level of fitness for PRAC. Ensure you stretch and cool down properly. Maintain your hydration levels and eat clean

HGH77

Reaction score
A plan would be useful to be fair, then people have got no excuses to fail.
They used to give one out for sure. I found a pdf online a while back which was some old PRAC joining instructions and it mentioned a pamphlet which you get given after AC. I was just curious wether this was still in action as the passage I found was from a while back 2011 I believe. I’ve attached it below.

Attachments

• A6BF5E1A-9DB8-471B-A5EF-FEC2A2D67F26.jpeg
    A6BF5E1A-9DB8-471B-A5EF-FEC2A2D67F26.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 15

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
I’d recommend just go into PRAC as fit as possible. Get out running 4/5 times a weeks smash out some core workouts. Once you get to PRAC max effort.