Training plan

Dil

Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-01-17-14-49-09-08.jpgi have made a plan which I have been following for the past month . Anyone suggest any improvements

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-01-17-14-49-09-08.jpgi have made a plan which I have been following for the past month . Anyone suggest any improvements
Looks good mate! - just remember - as I’m reminded quite often - you don’t need to be Olympic level athlete fit, just get a decent amount of reps in prior and do the basics well. If you can smash 90 press-ups in 2 minutes, that’s wicked, but when we start basic we’re all going to be put on the same level and well all progress together.
In the words of one PTI from the group ‘some of you are gunna be good - but a lot of you are gunna be shit - so it’s back to square one for the lot’
Keep up the graft dude - determination, discipline & a will to succeed 💪👍

Reactions: Dil

Dil

Reaction score
Looks good mate! - just remember - as I’m reminded quite often - you don’t need to be Olympic level athlete fit, just get a decent amount of reps in prior and do the basics well. If you can smash 90 press-ups in 2 minutes, that’s wicked, but when we start basic we’re all going to be put on the same level and well all progress together.
In the words of one PTI from the group ‘some of you are gunna be good - but a lot of you are gunna be shit - so it’s back to square one for the lot’
Keep up the graft dude - determination, discipline & a will to succeed 💪👍
Thanks mate

Big_Shep

4 PARA
Reaction score
Personally I think you could be do more. At least progressively so you don’t plateau. Structure the running better and consider adding the best effort 2 Km in (This is a specific assessment so it makes sense to specifically train, record and aim to improve it)

To me your plan reads like a series morning sessions with no evening sessions. For example on Thursday your only activity is pull ups?

This plan seems much better rounded.

https://www.paras.uk/threads/general-military-fitness-plan.72/

Last edited:

DannyMac

Para Reg
Reaction score
Honest opinion is it’s very basic and you could do a lot more. You need to re think this

Parkhead

Reaction score
Hi mate, the main thing you need to arrive with is strong CV fitness and body strength. Para training is quite similar to RM training in that respect I think. Definitely work more on solid running work with an emphasis on building endurance and speed.

DomJolly

Reaction score
Bit basic mate, and I don't care what anyone says, you can't sprint for 1km - certainly best effort but sprint wise it ain't happening. Check out Arny's Plan on the Royal Marines forum (google it), it'll get you to a tremendous level of fitness. All the best, hope it works out.

Parkhead

Reaction score
Bit basic mate, and I don't care what anyone says, you can't sprint for 1km - certainly best effort but sprint wise it ain't happening. Check out Arny's Plan on the Royal Marines forum (google it), it'll get you to a tremendous level of fitness. All the best, hope it works out.
No one is suggesting they sprint 1km!!

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Yeah maybe just under a sprint or a decent interval session. A sprint is a sub 4 min mile which is an absolute blaster to hold for anything more than a few hundred metres 🤢

Apex303

Reaction score
Definitely keep the squats and lunges but add wall sits, split squats, air squats and step ups (around knee height). Both low rep eccentric work and high rep for endurance.

5k at race pace. If you can pass the 2k maybe swap them each week?

instead of 1k repeats I would do 10 x 400 - or 6x 800 but build slowly to these. They should be a little faster than your 5k pace but not flat out sprints. Trying to achieve the same time every time in a session. Just teaches your bod to adapt to going a little faster than normal. Sprinting when unconditioned can ruin your hamstrings.

BURPEES!
Make sure you get enough rest. 1 to 2 days is not too much and will help stay injury free. Cant get fit if you're broken and at a minimum go for a walk and foam roll on your days off.

Dan

Reaction score
+++++++
Definitely keep the squats and lunges but add wall sits, split squats, air squats and step ups (around knee height). Both low rep eccentric work and high rep for endurance.

5k at race pace. If you can pass the 2k maybe swap them each week?

instead of 1k repeats I would do 10 x 400 - or 6x 800 but build slowly to these. They should be a little faster than your 5k pace but not flat out sprints. Trying to achieve the same time every time in a session. Just teaches your bod to adapt to going a little faster than normal. Sprinting when unconditioned can ruin your hamstrings.

BURPEES!
Make sure you get enough rest. 1 to 2 days is not too much and will help stay injury free. Cant get fit if you're broken and at a minimum go for a walk and foam roll on your days off.
Do you do a lot of burpees at para depot or similar things then?