Virtual Insight Night D Coy

Dai1984

Reaction score
Morning all,

D Coy will hold an a virtual insight night on 24th Feb at 1930hrs, this will be via Zoom and will be a general brief on the joining process, recruit training and some details regarding life after P Coy. Location isn't specific so all welcome to join even if D Coy isn't your local unit.

Edited 08/02/2021 - To confirm booking, please provide email address on private message.
Turbo stuff! Been waiting for this for a while.

Woody

Reaction score
All who have provided email addresses should now have an email with Zoom details. If you haven't requested and would like to join, please PM an email address.

I PM'd regarding this but haven't received an email, I'll send it again now.

Millseed_B

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bad question but will participants have to speak/turn their camera on? I mean will there be anything we have to do to be assessed on or can we just watch and learn

Aldo

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bad question but will participants have to speak/turn their camera on? I mean will there be anything we have to do to be assessed on or can we just watch and learn

Pretty sure it’s informal mate

Millseed_B

Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s informal mate
I get that but if this was in person I’d probably wear a suit as it is still a potential job at the end of the day. Just wondering if there will be anything we have to do or can we sit with the cameras off

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
There's no requirement to wear a suit so relax. It's an informal presentation with the chance to ask a few questions. Please turn your camera on, but microphone off and make sure you put your name as the Zoom profile - It's difficult to co-ordinate answers to lots of black screens with the name "Samsung Phone"

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
If there are any questions that you'd like to ask, but would prefer to remain anonymous please PM/Message on here and we will answer on the call tomorrow.

RunnerChick

Reaction score
Genuinely gutted I am working and going to miss this. Enjoy it for the guys able to make it!

Dai1984

Reaction score
If there are any questions that you'd like to ask, but would prefer to remain anonymous please PM/Message on here and we will answer on the call tomorrow.
Fantastic evening. Very insightful. A little daunting, but when is anything worth doing not? Pretty much all questions answered. Just need to shave a few seconds off my 2k time and ready to go.

Collieryboy

Reaction score
It was quality.
Theres something about para reg blokes that a huge percentage of them just look "nails". The Sgt looked like he wanted to headbutt us all for being in his online presence.
It was seriously an excellent presentation though. As good as, if not better than anything ive seen at an "elite" University and better than anything managed by my current employer. I doubt there will be many attendees who came away from it thinking "nope, i dont want to join that organisation now".

4 PARA HQ

4 PARA
Reaction score
Evening all, thanks for taking the time to attend the insight night tonight, great to read the positive comments so hopefully we pitched at the right level in terms of detail and thanks for sticking with our attempts at humour.
As mentioned on the call, please use my email address to follow up with any questions, we genuinely are here to help you on your journey.
2IC D Coy

Tony_m

Para Reg
Reaction score
Evening all, thanks for taking the time to attend the insight night tonight, great to read the positive comments so hopefully we pitched at the right level in terms of detail and thanks for sticking with our attempts at humour.
As mentioned on the call, please use my email address to follow up with any questions, we genuinely are here to help you on your journey.
2IC D Coy
Great drills by not allowing social distancing get in the way of recruitment. Improvise, adapt and overcome!

Crispy

Reaction score
I genuinely couldn’t wait to apply after! I know it’ll be hard work but it will be worth it

Big_Shep

4 PARA
Reaction score
2IC D Coy
This is why 4 PARA are a head and shoulders above. You get out of 4 PARA what you put in. Put the hard work in and you will be rewarded.

I had a great seven years and my advice for anyone considering it is to stop dithering and sign up. You are much more capable than you often realise and with world class instruction you can achieve high standards.