Will Assessment Centre remain open during lockdown

HGH77

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking to book an AC for sometime in late jan/early feb. Will lockdown force these to close or will they still be open?

Admin

Site owner
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve sent this query directly to the recruitment team and will also tag @The CSM and @4 PARA HQ in.

Be prepared to manage your expectations. In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Army has made some temporary changes to the recruitment process and all applicants are advised to regularly check their recruitment portal and regularly check the link below for updates.

https://apply.army.mod.uk/covid19

HGH77

Reaction score
I’ve sent this query directly to the recruitment team and will also tag @The CSM and @4 PARA HQ in.

Be prepared to manage your expectations. In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Army has made some temporary changes to the recruitment process and all applicants are advised to regularly check their recruitment portal and regularly check the link below for updates.

https://apply.army.mod.uk/covid19
Thanks that’s very much appreciated

PhysMan

Reaction score
Just had a phonecall this morning regarding my upcoming AC. For now AC is going ahead as normal, so he said there's unlikely to be any monumental change in the next week or so.

PRAC was a different story and he painted a fairly grim picture for Para candidates right now (in terms of backlog and wait times) but we'll see what happens after AC for now!

HGH77

Reaction score
Just had a phonecall this morning regarding my upcoming AC. For now AC is going ahead as normal, so he said there's unlikely to be any monumental change in the next week or so.

PRAC was a different story and he painted a fairly grim picture for Para candidates right now (in terms of backlog and wait times) but we'll see what happens after AC for now!
Ah god that’s annoying!! Like you said best thing to do is to crack on with AC and just go from there but will be gutting if the wait gets extended by a few months. Will all be worth it in the end!

The CSM

Reaction score
Unless told otherwise your AC will run as planned. If there are any changes you will be contacted.

The Army continues to face challenges in recruiting and manning. However, the Paras are still faring far better than most. Overall, Regimental manning is the best state it has been for some time. The Para Reg is one of the best manned regiments in the Infantry and, more importantly for many here, the most deployable! We have so many volunteers currently waiting to start training at PARA Company in Catterick, that the Regiment has been allocated two additional recruit platoons, in order to cope with the demand. There may be delays but please do stick with and things will start to move

Simo2020

Reaction score
Hi - does anyone have an approx guide on time frames from completing assment centre to attending PRAC? Thanks

ChelseaBoy

Reaction score
Hi - does anyone have an approx guide on time frames from completing assment centre to attending PRAC? Thanks
I finished my AC in October and had PRAC in December with the option for November. However due to new lockdown I’m unsure of how it will be affected.