Your Workout Today

PhysMan

Reaction score
Pinching this idea straight from the RM Forum which has a 350-page thread of the same theme.

Post your sessions and share ideas below. It could be your last session, or maybe the one you are about to do. Use it to bounce ideas off each other etc. If you are planning your session in 'Notes' or whatever then copy and paste it over here too.

Any level of fitness welcome. No doubt we will have some absolute monsters and likewise some beginners. Either way whether your session features 50 Press-Ups or 550 let's encourage each other, critique each other if necessary etc etc.

Not just circuits and gym sessions, also share your runs and swims, any casual activity like weekend hikes, if it's phys let's share it!

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Pinching this idea straight from the RM Forum which has a 350-page thread of the same theme.

Post your sessions and share ideas below. It could be your last session, or maybe the one you are about to do. Use it to bounce ideas off each other etc. If you are planning your session in 'Notes' or whatever then copy and paste it over here too.

Any level of fitness welcome. No doubt we will have some absolute monsters and likewise some beginners. Either way whether your session features 50 Press-Ups or 550 let's encourage each other, critique each other if necessary etc etc.

Not just circuits and gym sessions, also share your runs and swims, any casual activity like weekend hikes, if it's phys let's share it!
Most recent WOD. (Trying to go hard whilst keeping injury at bay which hasn’t been working recently so been getting it in with an IT band issue - proper annoying)

AM: 5k (6.30/7 MPM pace) @22-23Minutes
Max pushups 45odd or sets of 20
Max sit-ups 70-80odd or sets of 50
Shadow boxing + mobility & stretching

AM2: Squats / Burpees 10x10 or 10x40 of one exercise for the honk factor.

PM: 5k (7/8.30 MPM pace) @ 23-25Minutes or 5/6miles
Bagwork
Agility drills
Plate carrier drills (squats, burpees, lunges, pullups)
Stretching & Yoga for supper.

A typical day, ideally 3-5 days a week, with injuries it’s usually 3.
I’m also quite fond of ABC workouts as they’re less taxing and good whilst recovering. I prioritise running for the moment as there’s a time factor to AC. Once ACs completed I can spread the love and start getting gym sessions in (covid permitting).

Dot

Reaction score
Started the day off with the 2km best effort at 0630 around a loop of local park. I jogged the route at like 40% effort to warm up, 2 minutes rest then smashed the 2km best effort. Hit an 8 min 10 seconds.
Then after work this evening I briskly walked home which was approx 3 miles followed by a 45 min circuit in garage. Jump Squats, Alternate Squat Thrusts, Burpees and punch bag 30 second bursts.

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Started the day off with the 2km best effort at 0630 around a loop of local park. I jogged the route at like 40% effort to warm up, 2 minutes rest then smashed the 2km best effort. Hit an 8 min 10 seconds.
Then after work this evening I briskly walked home which was approx 3 miles followed by a 45 min circuit in garage. Jump Squats, Alternate Squat Thrusts, Burpees and punch bag 30 second bursts.
Cracking effort Dot mate nice one! be sure to stretch yourself out don’t forget 💪 don’t be like me to wait until you yank something dirty before doing something about it. My training team drill it all the time - rest / recovery / stretching is just as important as the grind itself.

Aldo

Reaction score
5 mile run this morning, just back home!

Afternoon I play on doing benchpress. 8 sets of 8. Pull ups on bar and I’m only able to smash 3 sets of 6 at the minute but working on it. And also 2 mins press ups and 2 mins sit ups

Woody

Reaction score
Not too much at the moment as I'm resting my legs after getting shin splints but yesterday was as follows -

6.00am
warm up, stretches, yoga
6.30am
Tabata training, core work (plank, side plank, scissors, leg lifts etc)
7.00am
Stretches

6.00pm
warm up, stretches
6.30pm
weights, bench press/bicep/tricep (alternate days 5x5 with heavy or 5 x 12 lighter)
7.15pm
sets of pull ups (5 x 10)
sets of situps (5 x 20)
sets of press ups (5 x 20)
8.00pm
Cool down, stretches

Usually there would be at least 3 5k runs a week, around 26/27 minute mark and a 10k at least at the weekend. More building endurance and distance than outright speed at the moment. I like to go up into the Peak District (Kinder Scout/Edale/Burbage Edge etc) every couple of weeks and smash some miles, I'm very lucky living in the middle of it all!

It's frustrating having to rest my legs but it's for the best, I've bought a pushbike so I can carry on in a non-impact sort of way for a couple of weeks.

Scraps

Reaction score
Not too much at the moment as I'm resting my legs after getting shin

It's frustrating having to rest my legs but it's for the best, I've bought a pushbike so I can carry on in a non-impact sort of way for a couple of weeks.

Frustrating as it may be, it's for the best mate. I've seen blokes get stress fractures in their tibia from it because they just grizzed it out. It's mong. Rest and recover, PRICE it too.

Better to back off and recover than smash through and make it worse. Train smart not just hard. 👍

PhysMan

Reaction score
I've recently been balancing my proper phys with a little bit of hypertrophy training, only a week into it with plans to last a month just to mix things up while still doing running and conditioning too. I also only do the more useful compound movements using a bar, never curls or cable machines etc. To that end yesterday was a run + "Push" day including legs.

AM: 3 mile steady state run, keep under perceived effort (RPE) Level 5. Averaged out at 07:30 min-miles which I'm happy with for 5/10 effort.

PM: Push Day with emphasis on maintaining conditioning too:

Warm Up: 10 Minute EMOM - 5 Burpees, 10 Press-Ups, 15 Squats. Aim to keep each round under 35 secs.

Main Session:

- 10x10 Squats @70kg
- RM Press-Ups to the bleep (51)
- 10x10 Smith Machine Bench Press @60kg
- 5x10 OHP @35kg

Finisher:
- Tabata Assault Bike
- Tabata Bear Crawls

Tonight is "Pull" day which I'll post later. Tomorrow is either a 10km or 15km run, as yet undecided

PhysMan

Reaction score
Frustrating as it may be, it's for the best mate. I've seen blokes get stress fractures in their tibia from it because they just grizzed it out. It's mong. Rest and recover, PRICE it too.

Better to back off and recover than smash through and make it worse. Train smart not just hard. 👍

Plus you can definitely still make big leaps with your running by cross training and taking some time off running if you need. Last January I took 6 weeks off runs after early signs of achilles tendinitis. Swam a lot, rowed a lot on the Erg, did a lot of circuits. My run times didn't suffer at all once I got back into it and went on to have my best running year yet

Millseed_B

Reaction score
Today - 40 min sprint session- jog to park, do 10 football pitch sprints (goal post to goal post), then 10 hill sprints (steep residential street), then completed 2 km best effort run home.

5 sets of 10 pull ups
5 sets of 15 press ups

Dot

Reaction score
This morning 6.5 miles slow and steady run. This is the first time I’ve pushed out the extra half mile on this route which includes hills and it felt good. Aiming to build up to 10 miles.

Press ups - 5 sets of 15

Sit ups - 10 sets of 20

Dips - 10 sets of 15

Pull ups - 5 sets of 10

HGH77

Reaction score
Going to start putting some of my sessions on here to stay accountable.

Today’s session was a 4mile steady run, got it done in 33mins, then did 2 Pull Ups, 5 Press Ups and 10 sit ups every minute on the minute for as long as I could. I got to 20mins before I couldn’t hack the pull ups anymore so carried on for another 10 mins with just the push ups and sit ups. I really find EMOM (every minute on the minute) has helped me improve my body weight exercises as there is a lot of volume involved but it also gets quite intense towards the end.

Joe-Singh

Reaction score
0.5 miles warm up,
Followed by a 2 mile run with 2 steep hills,
Pull ups super setted with push ups to finish,
Wasn't much but felt good

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Self check / accountability post.
Several cardio sessions, including some mobility. I told myself by the end of the day I was going to smash out a level 12 MSFT, a level 10 was acceptable with a level 8 minimum after a few weeks out with low mileage. I cruised to level 7 no problem, then bam, knee goes ping, *self talk enters the chat*. Crashed at level 9 Because I didn’t hydrate or fuel properly - my responsibility, I didn’t pace myself, wasn’t the shoes, wasn’t the knee, or the wet squishy ground from dead leaves and sh1t, because I F’d up and didn’t do enough to ensure it was a job done by the end of the day. Owned. Before next MSFT, full hydration cycle 2-3 days prior, pack the right food, get in the right mindset. I’m not going to lie I said today wasn’t the day, didn’t feel right but I was going to do my best. I did my best - failed. because I was honest and pushed the negative sh1t to the side I found what needed to be corrected so next time it gets cracked. Failing is excusable, not trying isn’t. Going to pull back and heal fully then get back at it.

If anyone has any experience in IT band issues please let me know, absolutely catting to chin this sh1t off so I can get back to beasting it.

Woody

Reaction score
I'm still resting which is frustrating, but I've gone 6.61 mile loop this morning on the pushbike in 36 minutes. The some core tabata training. Shins are feeling spot on now, but I'm waiting the full 2 weeks until i start running again.

PhysMan

Reaction score
A bit all over the place with today's in the gym, but a fairly good session in summary:

- 5-10-15 Burpees/Press-Ups/Squats EMOM for 10 mins

- Tabata Kettlebell Swings

- 6x6 Pull-Ups

- 5x12 Back Squats @70kg

- Tabata Sandbag Clean & Press @20kg

- 5x12 Smith Machine Bench Press @50kg

- Tabata Assault Bike

- 3x 10 Dips, 20 Leg Raises

- Plank to failure (about 3 mins)