Your Workout Today

PhysMan

Reaction score
2nd session today 2k run (with 800m warm up jog). Only gave it 85-90% effort tonight and got 07:03 so very confident that I'd still be hitting 06:45 if I went max-chat.

Reason for not going max effort, session earlier was pretty maximal and tomorrow's session will be too, so there's no real phys benefit to absolutely killing myself again tonight.

HGH77

Reaction score
Today’s phys was some alternative cardio. I don’t usually properly plan these sessions I just pick a machine, in this case the rower, and go for a half hour to an hour at an easy pace. Ended up doing 35mins today as was short for time. Then followed with some full body barbell work. I’m keeping it light and focusing on form before going heavy as I don’t want to risk injury through inexperience.

PhysMan

Reaction score
Cheeky yomp/tab with a serving mate preparing for a course soon. He had 65lbs I just allowed myself safety stores totaling 35lbs.

16km, avg. pace 5.5kph, over one of the UK's more baron mountain/Moor areas. I'll safely say today was up there with the worst conditions I've ever had on the hill and oppo agreed - explains why we didn't see a soul in a whole 10 mile route! Crosswinds hitting 65-70mph according to mountain forecast, windchill about -8°C, visibility down to 30m at best, rain and hail nonstop. Good, character building hill day! We were nearly horizontal at times to counter the conditions but one of them where you both just smile and realise your 'grizz capacity' is quite high.

Last edited:

PhysMan

Reaction score
- 5 mins assault bike warm-up (slow with short sprints)

- 10x 10 Press-Ups, 10 Sit-Ups, 10 Squats (did an extra set at the end so maybe 11 sets as I lost count - always do one more never one less!)

- Tabata Jump Squats - aim for 15 reps every set

- Tabata Ski Erg

- 7x 10 Bench Press (5 sets @50kg, 2 @60kg)

- 5x 10 Back Squats (3 @60kg, 2 @70kg) + 1x 15 Squats @60kg

- 5x Supersets Pull-Ups to failure & 10 Tricep Push-Downs @45kg

Pull-Ups have gotten weak since the summer. Used to smash out 15 in the summer but today I failed at 10. They are going to be a big area of focus now.

San Carlos

Reaction score
20 Pressups
25 Crunches (more effective than sit ups)
20 Pressups
30 Leg raises
20 Pressups
25 V-crunches
20 Pressups
20 Tricep Dips
25 Crossover Crunches
20 Tricep Dips
30 Leg raises
10 Pull ups

5 mile run after dinner planned

PhysMan

Reaction score
20 Pressups
25 Crunches (more effective than sit ups)
20 Pressups
30 Leg raises
20 Pressups
25 V-crunches
20 Pressups
20 Tricep Dips
25 Crossover Crunches
20 Tricep Dips
30 Leg raises
10 Pull ups

5 mile run after dinner planned

Agreed on crunches. Not done sit-ups (except for today's warm up) for about 12 months except my monthly test to the RM bleep style. Funny enough never used to get max points, but a year of alternate core exercises and I now do.

Sit-Ups generally are proven to be bad for you and should only really be done as/when necessary for military purposes (in my opinion) because the military chooses to keep them.

Redders

Para Reg
Reaction score
All I’ve done today is a session at lunchtime. I smashed as many situps in 2 mins, as many press ups in two mins then a mile and a half best effort. Run was 9:15 for the run and around 80 press ups and sit ups. Not bad for being an old boy

PhysMan

Reaction score
Delicious one yesterday. (Today? Slightly shiters now so apologies):

General pussers warm up (jogs, heel flicks, star jumps etc)

- tabata assault bike
- tabata powerbag clean & press @20kg
- tabata assault bike
- tabata kb swings @20kg
- tabata assault bike
- tabata chest to floor burpees
- tabata assault bike
- tabata ski erg

Using an Airdyne Assault Bike which is apparently harder than a real assault bike. Aim to keep above 500 watts when you use it (mega impressed if you can, by the end my max effort was about 480W but the goal remains 500)

HGH77

Reaction score
Nasty session earlier today. Did the sprints session from @Snows top three sessions thread. Was 10x1min sprints with 1 min rests in between. Didn’t think it would be much but that last minute was never ending! Did a cheeky leg circuit in a near buy field as I’m trying to increase my leg endurance so I took inspiration from farrenmorgan_coaching on Instagram, he posted something called ‘burpee heaven’. I modified it to my fitness levels of course and did 30-20-10-20-30 with 1-3mins of rest depending on what set I finished. Was a lung and leg burner for sure!!

Joe-Singh

Reaction score
Got a steady state 3.5 mile run in
5 sets of pull ups
5 sets of push ups
3x plank hold for as long as possible
1 set of bodyweight squats * 40
Finished with some banded rear delt pulls as I've been neglecting them

PhysMan

Reaction score
Downloaded an app someone's recommended me, where you can put in what equipment you have and it generates workouts for you. Going to start with this one now and maybe choose another after it:

20210112_131632.jpg

Zozo

Reaction score
The year is only two weeks old and it's already been eventful for me with regards to my fitness, I’ve successfully completed my first solo half marathon. Don’t worry I did it socially distant with one friend. COVID-19 continues to make everything far harder for everybody than they need to be!

But yes it was to date the furthest I’ve ran in a single event and completed it in approximately 2 hours and 10 mins. I’ve seen huge advances in my running ability over the past year.

This morning I will be running approximately 6 miles at a steady pace. This is my endurance event whereas interval training is my speed training. I need to work more on my upper body but running wise I’m happy

Zozo

Reaction score
5 km run
x3 sets of 10 : Knees to chest, shuttle high knee sprints ,burpees and squats

max effort press ups within 2 mins
Max effort sit ups within 2 mins

D

Deletedmember

5 km run
x3 sets of 10 : Knees to chest, shuttle high knee sprints ,burpees and squats

max effort press ups within 2 mins
Max effort sit ups within 2 mins
Mark billy billinghams workout today aswell

PhysMan

Reaction score
Slow and steady 9 miler today just bagging those aerobic miles.

I rarely run with headphones, never with music, but been getting into podcasts recently and realised my longer runs are a good time to digest them. So killed 2 birds with 1 stone and got through one while I ran.