Your Workout Today

PhysMan

Reaction score
Yesterday decided to mix my running and my strength/conditioning into one big session for the "fit to fight at the end" type benefits and to keep the body guessing.

To that end:

- 5 Mile run (steady pace 8 min miles)
- Straight into 25-25-25-25 Press-Ups, Leg Raises Squats
- 21-15-9 Sandbag Clean & Press @20kg & Bastards
- 10 Minute Abs/Core Blast (Alternating 30 Butterfly Sit-Ups with 1 Minute Plank until 10 mins has elapsed)

Pugsy

Reaction score
6 mile run today which took the guts of 45 mins. Steady pace

Followed by a power circuit involving weight bag, kettles, press ups, pulls and crunches

Dan

Reaction score
Thought I'd give the 1 minute on/off sprints session that @Snows wrote about. Amazing how the 1-minute rest gets shorter after every sprint.

D

Deletedmember

Mile run to park. Football pitch and hill sprints. Weights session planned for later.

PhysMan

Reaction score
Started the Runners World sub-03:30 Marathon Plan this week and fitting S&C around it.

It's a 16 week program. I won't be a civvy for another 16 weeks, of that I'm sure, but I've really plateaued as a runner at 30mpw for over 6 months now so felt I needed a "proper" running plan to get me above it without injury.

To that end today is 5 miles slow and steady, on completion I'll then need to do my strength & conditioning for the day, so will probably pick a GrizzPhys session on Instagram and get it done.

Aldo

Reaction score
6 mile steady run today with 7.5 min miles average. Followed immediately by a session at outdoor gym area. So 10 x 10 pull ups, crunches and max press ups in 2 mins

PhysMan

Reaction score
To add to above, today's strength & conditioning about to happen:

- RM vPJFT circuit (4 sets) - strongly recommend this circuit even if you've no interest in RM, it's a good "all round" bodyweight one and I use it as a warm up

- Tabata Sandbag Squats @20kg

- Tabata Sandbag Clean & Press

Redders

Para Reg
Reaction score
To add to above, today's strength & conditioning about to happen:

- RM vPJFT circuit (4 sets) - strongly recommend this circuit even if you've no interest in RM, it's a good "all round" bodyweight one and I use it as a warm up

- Tabata Sandbag Squats @20kg

- Tabata Sandbag Clean & Press
Good effort @PhysMan

HGH77

Reaction score
Was a leg and lung burner last night. Did half a mile best effort then 20 Lunges each leg with a 10kg dumbbell and 20 Deadlifts with a 20kg Barbell. Did that 6 times for three miles distance. Felt awesome as I don’t really mix my running and my leg conditioning so was good to mix it up. Rest day today. going to stuff as much good food as I can in my gob and chill out. Then going to do a recovery session later, foam rolling, stretching and a cold bath. Have a good Sunday lads!

HGH77

Reaction score
Nice slow 4 miler over a hilly trail. Got assessment centre coming up soon and been focusing a lot on speed work so was good to get out and take my time

HGH77

Reaction score
Went out early this morning to my local car park so it was empty. Put my cones down and went for it. Got 12.2 which I’m over the moon with. I’m a textbook over thinker so to have this reassurance I can exceed the fitness levels needed is brilliant. Got AC coming up very soon so proper buzzing for it now and I can’t wait to get it squared away!

Mac_t1lt

Reaction score
Went out early this morning to my local car park so it was empty. Put my cones down and went for it. Got 12.2 which I’m over the moon with. I’m a textbook over thinker so to have this reassurance I can exceed the fitness levels needed is brilliant. Got AC coming up very soon so proper buzzing for it now and I can’t wait to get it squared away!
Good effort @HGH77 well done mate

Redders

Para Reg
Reaction score
Good effort @HGH77
The 2km run time equivalent of 11.6 bleep test is approx 8min15 sec , so keep doing what you are doing. Keep the standards high and make sure you also work on getting miles in